Please read the terms and conditions carefully to make sure the conditions of hire are acknowledged and understood.
– The minimum booking value is R500.
– The hire period is from 1 day to a maximum of 4 days (e.g. Friday to Monday) unless otherwise agreed before the event. Additional charges will apply for extended rentals and late returns, calculated at the standard rental rates.
– All rental items are subject to availability and prices are subject to change.
– All hire items remain the property of The Travelling Teacup.
– Hire items are vintage thus will show signs of wear and tear and this adds to their charm.
Pricing, Deposit & Payment
– The pricing depends on your requirements and how many people you are hosting a party for. A free quote will be issued based on information provided and this is valid for 7 days. Upon acceptance there off by hirer an invoice will be issued by The Travelling Teacup.
– To secure your order we require 25% of the total order value as per invoice as confirmation of your booking. This is payable by electronic fund transfer (details on request). Please also see our cancellation section.
– The final balance of the total is due 7 days before the event date along with the refundable breakage deposit. This is payable by electronic fund transfer (details on request). Your order will not be dispatched unless full payment has been received.
– The refundable breakage deposit will be 50% of the total order amount or R1,000 (whichever is greater). The breakage deposit will be refunded 7 days after your event when all hire items have been returned and checked for damage. Any damages will be paid from the breakage deposit. If damage/loss is greater than the deposit, the hirer will pay the balance. Any item that is returned either chipped or broken will be charged for the full replacement value. If an item is chipped or broken, it needs to be returned to The Travelling Teacup.
– Amendments to your order can be made up to one full week before the delivery/collection date. Please note this is dependent on stock levels at the time. If number of hired items is significantly reduced that will be seen as partial cancellation. Please see cancellation section for further details.
– All items to be collected from and returned to The Travelling Teacup studio in Brooklyn, Pretoria (address will be on your invoice). Special collection from Sandton, Johannesburg can also be arranged if sufficient notice is given.
– Delivery can be arranged on special request and will be charged according to distance to travel.
– All items hired should be checked against the inventory of your order and signed by the hirer or appointed contact as agreed.
– Once the items have been signed over they become the responsibility of the hirer. Anything left unattended is at the hirers own risk and the hirer will be responsible for any loss or damage.
– As the vintage items are very old and fragile they will always be carefully packed and secured in sturdy containers for carriage. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all items are repacked with care for their safe return.
Cleaning, Care and Packing of china
– Due to the age and fragile nature of our crockery and accessories, they will need to be handled with care.
– All items will be dispatched from us, clean and ready for use. They will be packed in bubble wrap and strong boxes and should be returned in the same way. Items to be packed in original boxes.
– Washing up is offered as a complimentary service. Please remove food debris from all items used before repacking.
– Please DO NOT put any of the items in the microwave, oven or dishwasher.
– The hirer is responsible for all hire items while in his/her possession. This includes damage, breakage and loss. Any items left at unattended premises remain the hirer’s responsibility.
– If part of a set (for example part of a trio or cake stand) is damaged, you are responsible for the entire set.
– Replacement values will be provided when the event is booked and confirmed.
– Any known loss or damage should be reported at the point of return.
The Travelling Teacup or named parties connected to The Travelling Teacup shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused to person or product as a result of this hire agreement. The Travelling Teacup shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of the requested hired goods. This includes any arising from item malfunctions or breakages.
If for any reason you may wish to cancel your order, the following charges will apply:
– 15 or more days – no charge
– 8 to 14 days – 25% of order
– 7 days & under – 50% of order
Cancellation fees will be taken from the hire and/or breakage deposit. The remaining amount, if any, will be refunded to the hirer.